Currently Offered Sessions
No sessions currently scheduled.
Are you planning a digital project/program at your organization, but unsure where to begin? Attend this class to learn about digital imaging (scanning), metadata standards and best practices, and how to protect and preserve the content you've digitized. This 4-hour virtual course will take place on two separate dates.
Optional exercises will be included between sessions, and by the end of the class, you will know more about:
- Digital image basics
- Digital imaging standards and best practices
- How to assess user needs for description and access
- Types of metadata, national standards (including Dublin Core) and best practices
- How to store and protect your digital content
- The resources needed to build and manage a successful digital preservation program
Please Note: Scholarships are available to staff facing budget challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact Sara Ring (email@example.com) for more information.
Who Should Attend?
This introductory series is for staff of any library, archive, museum, or other organization planning or already working on digital projects. No previous knowledge about digitization, resource description (metadata work), or digital preservation is assumed.